Dubai and Emirate of the United Arab Emirates, is known all around the world and an amazing tourist and shopping destination. Famous for many years for its white sand beaches, clear blue waters and amazing facilities for tourists, Dubai has become one of the most sought after vacation spots in the world, Its year round sunny weather makes it even more appealing to tourists from cold regions especially Europe and Russia.
Over the years Dubai has been offering innovative, and entertaining events to keeps the flow of tourists coming to this tiny paradise nation. One such event that has garnered international publicity is the "Dubai Shopping Festival". Since February 15, 1996 the Dubai shopping festival has become an annual event and attracts millions of tourists and shoppers to the region because of the amazing shows, promotions and giveaways being offered for the Dubai Shopping Festival.
2011 brings another set of festivities to Dubai with the opening of the Dubai Shopping Festival 2011 on January 20th. The festival lasts for a month offering many amazing opportunities to shoppers and tourists to find bargains as well as to traders to expand their businesses. The festival is an endless month of Lucky draws of cars and jewelery, heavy discounts on shopping of all kinds, special rates and packages on tours and excursions as well as the Dubai sky lit with fireworks every night. It is truly a festival to be enjoyed, a wholesome family event.
The festival will continue for 32 days and is expected to attract millions of shoppers from around the globe. There will be over six thousand retail outlets and fifty shopping malls participating in the 2011 festival. The shopping is tax free and discounts are significant. To kick off the event there will an opening ceremony. The theme will be “One World One Family One Festival”.
Some Highlights of this years Shopping Festival Include:
- The Lexus Mega Raffle is being sponsored by the festival organizers. The winner gets AED 100,000 in cash and one Lexus LX570 each day for the 32 days of the DSF.
- They will also take entries to win a Lexus LS600hl to be given away at the close of the DSF. The raffle tickets are Dh200.
- The Nissan Mega Raffle is giving away a free Nissan SUV for each of the 32 days of the festival. Entries are obtained by purchasing from ENOC and EPPCO and other participating vendors. Nissan is giving away various SUV models. Participants can win a Patrol, Murano, Pathfinder and more. To sweeten the pot a little more, all coupons will get the chance to win one of each model. That is seven different cars.
- The Jewelery and Gold group are offering shoppers that change to win gold or cash. Each day they are offering new and exciting opportunities to win. They are giving away millions of dollars in gold jewelery, bullion, nuggets, and cash.
- Disney fans will not be disappointed. The 2011 Dubai festival will feature an exclusive production that is making its world premiere.
- Many different artists will be taking the stage too. Musicians scheduled to appear include Amy Winehouse on February 11th, K.K. and Sunidhi Chauhan on January 28th, and Pharell Williams and the NERD on February 10th.
- Throughout the festival, visitors can see a variety of events at stages on Al Rigga, Al Seef, Jumeirah Beach Resident, and the Burj Khalifa Blvd.
- The Dubai Dolphinarium has prepared new shows to entertain the children and families.
- One of the highlights will be the Sound and Light show in the Wafi.